Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Man

It has been a long day - actually a long weekend.I am tired, and worn out, from hanging with these four rugrats of mine by myself since Thursday morning. On top of all of this, I am missing my husband something terrible. Mr. Shelton is away this weekend working hard at the Mpls. boat show trying to bring home the bacon by selling some boats. We really need to sell some boats. We really need to sell lots and lots of boats, so it is a good thing that he is away at this boat show. But it still does not make me miss him any less.


Because of all the aforementioned things, I am trying to keep busy and make the time go by fast... this morning I gave the house a much needed top to bottom cleaning, then got all the kids fed and dressed, only to realize that most of the cleaning I had done was undone. Crumbs were all over the kitchen floor, toys were strewn all over the family room, and to top it off Anthony had spilt his milk on the table and it was slowly drip, drip, dripping off of my clean table onto my clean floor.

I was frustrated to say the least.

I decided we needed to get out of the house as I was pretty sure cabin fever was going to set in very soon and then I was really going to be in for it. So I got everyone loaded up in the car for an afternoon of fun at the Giggle Factory. It was a good afternoon as everyone did what I had wanted and burned off most of that pent up energy. I say most as they saved the remaining bits for the car ride home. Yelling, fighting, antagonizing eachother. ARGGGGGGG!!!! Needless to say, by the time I pulled into the driveway I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, tired, cranky and in need of a glass of wine.

Until I saw these.....


They were left on my front doorstep. My favorite. Wild flowers. There was a card attached:

"Did I tell you I love you today? I miss you and the kids and can't wait to see you Sunday."

Beautiful flowers. Sweet card. All I needed to make my day. He always knows just what to do.

I really, really love him.

3 comments:

KB said...

Copy, paste in to email... click send right to Mr. KB :-)

Maria said...

Will do! :) Sometimes our men need to be reminded to do things like this for us, right?

Kari said...

Awww....so sweet. Love the flowers. Hope you had a great weekend enjoying this fab weather!
Kari