Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yuck


It was a long weekend, and I think it is safe to say that this week is turning out to be the same. Long and needing to be over. Now.

Monday was busy as Mondays usually are - catching up on laundry, housework, and the added task of cleaning out the garage (which was MUCH needed). It was busier still as the kiddos are on spring break and are of course wanting to be entertained by yours truly all day long. [sigh]

So yesterday I was pleasently surprised with tickets to a Wild hockey game. Mr. Shelton, myself and our dear friends Bill and Sarah headed out for a fun evening - dinner, drinks and hockey. Even better, the kids were staying with Grandma and Grandpa for the evening so we were able to come home to a childless house which is always heaven sent. We had a rousing time at the game, chatting, drinking some alcholic beverages, cheering on the Wild, drinking some more alcoholic beverages.... Needless to say, by the end of the evening I was wiped out and ready for bed.

I believe once my head hit the pillow I was out cold. Until I woke up at 2am not feeling so swell. Sweaty, heart beating fast, nauseous, you know, all the feelings of being "overserved" aka hungover. I managed to toss and turn all night long until I finally dragged my butt out of bed, into the car,and through the Starbucks drive through for my morning coffee. My stomach was still not feeling well, so I was wondering if it was the best idea to be consuming a grande mocha full of caffeine, chocolate, and whipped cream. This was very likely a recipe for disaster, but I ignored the little voice inside of me that said "don't drink that" and drank every last bit of that Mocha.

Turns out that was a bad idea.

I came home after picking up the kiddos, took a shower, ran into my bathroom and, ahem, got sick. I still did not feel better after I got the Mocha out of my system, and then realized that I may just have the stomach flu. Just my luck. I just got over a head cold that really,truly never seemed to end. Really. It was 14 days of coughing, stuffy head, goobery nose crap. Yuck. Finally I was on the mend - at least I thought. I was not going to give into this stomach flu thing so fast, I was going to be positive and stick with the "it's just a hangover" scenario. Until I went to drink a glass of water. 5 minutes after drinking said glass I once again, found myself in the bathroom getting rid of that water.

Dang. It is the stomach flu.

Let's just say Mom vomiting and having to take care of 4 kids all day long just does not mix. But have no fear, Mr. Shelton is coming to the rescue, he will be here at 3pm to relieve me of my parental duties so I can climb in bed, nap, and wake up occasionally to vomit. Fun.

Time to end this post, and get to the bathroom to get rid of this second glass of water I just consumed while writing this post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Hours after my original post......)
So it is now nearing the end of the day, and although I am not feeling fabulous, I do have to say I am feeling a bit better. I also wanted to add that this past weekend and the week thus far has not been that bad. I guess I just have some negative vibes about me lately... So I felt the need to come back and post about something good. That being the weather we have been having in the great Midwest lately. It truly makes me, and more importantly, the kids happy as can be. We have been playing outside, riding bikes, scooters, 4 wheelers, and having a grand old time. There is nothing better than the warm sun and fresh air....

Daddy riding Anthony's four wheeler and looking a bit silly


Anthony's first four wheeler ride of the season....

The three amigos riding scooters together...

My Liv Grace, who seems to be pretty happy about this weather we are having....


So see? Things aren't really all that bad.

No comments: