Monday, March 2, 2009

The Newest Member Of Our Family



It is with great pleasure that I introduce to you the newest member of the Shelton family. Our Hermit Crab, Anakin Kenobi Star Wars. Yep, that's his name, the name Anthony gave him. I suggested "Hermie", or Batty (as it is living inside a batman shell), but he rejected both of these names and decided to go with his name of choice. Which is a bit long and quite strange, but it was his birthday gift, so he should have the honor of naming the little guy, right?

Ava and Lucas loved the little guy from the start, playing with him, picking him up, etc. I even like him, though most likely for different reasons than the kids. He does not smell, he does not need to be walked, he does not poop all over the place, or make messes. He simply sits in his little home, and comes out of his shell on occasion to hang out. All I have to do is feed him and give him a little water once a week. Oh, and I have to clean the rocks and his cage once a year - yep, only once a year! Easy Peezy.
But I guess the most important critique here would be from Anthony as it is his "pet", and I guess you could say that he is not too sure about him. Actually, he is down right scared of the thing.


Hopefully he will warm up to the little guy, as it is the only pet we will ever have. Ever. And I really mean that Mr. Shelton aka Daddy.

No comments: