Saturday, February 28, 2009

Girls Day Out

**Many apologies for the terrible quality of the above picture. Of course, I forgot my Nikon at home so I was unable to capture this event properly. So what to do?? Use my cell phone camera, which I have found out is pretty crappy.**

Today Ava, Grandma and I ventured out to the Mall of America to spend a much anticipated morning at the American Girl Store having brunch and shopping. Oh, and I cannot foget to mention that Julie came along as well. She EVEN had her own special chair, and was served pink lemonade, and a small bowl of fruit - so very fancy. After Julie was settled in and served (you are in the American Girl doll store, so it only seems fitting that the dolls get served first, right? :) ) us girls decided to order our meals. Ava decided on the blueberry pancakes, grandma had french toast, and I opted for the ham and cheese omelet. All I have to say is.... DELISH! Of course it should have been considering it cost $14 per person.


We also did a bit of shopping while we were there, as Julie needed some new threads. Ava decided that Julie needed some ice skates so that they could go ice skating together when Daddy takes her. (hopefully this will happen before all the snow melts....) She then hit good old Mom up for some pajamas for Julie - $24. Ugh. I agreed to the purchase as what's a gal to do without a pair of pajamas to sleep in, right? As we were getting ready to make our purchases, Ava noticed the matching pajamas in her size. Of course they have to sell stuff like this. More money for us suckers know as Mom and Grandma to spend. After looking at the price tag - $40 - yes, you read correctly, $40 I told her that we would not be able to get them. She was devastated to say the least. Truly devastated. The look on her face almost got me to pick up the pair of pajamas, throw caution to the wind, and make the purchase. But I thought better after I had a vision of us returning home, Daddy taking a gander at our purchases (more importantly the price tags), and seeing his facial expression. This would not be good. Nope, not at all.


Grandma ended up saving the day by suggesting the next time we come, Mom would pay $20, and Grandma would pay $20 and then we could buy them. This seemed to do the trick as she was happy again.


I am only wondering how many times over the next month few months I am going to hear


"When are we going back to the American Girl doll store Mom?"

No comments: