Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chicken Tenders, The Food Of The Gods


Or at least in our house this is the case.

Our kids love chicken tenders (and the letter tater tots that I can spell their names with.) It seems to be all they eat lately, and I am wondering how it is possible that they are not getting tired of eating them. As I sit here typing, I am getting a wiff of the ever familiar smell of chicken tenders baking in the oven. Ugh.

I used to give the kids choices, and say: "Kids, would you like fish sticks, chicken tenders, or mac and cheese to eat?" Just a few examples of our daily menu choices - I know, not the healthiest, but Dad is gone a lot around here and I REFUSE to slave over the stove cooking some big meal for 4 kids who end up nibbling here and there and leaving the table. Way too much work... Anyway, back to my point. After giving them said choices they pretty much every time shout "chicken tenders." So, I recently decided to be a bit sneaky and NOT offer the chicken, and say "Kids... do you want pizza, mac and cheese, or spaghetti?"

The kids answer?

"Chicken tenders please!"

My thoughts on this? Don't make a big deal about the insane chicken tender consumption. I have found that if you don't want them to have something, it only makes them want it more. Let them eat chicken tenders until they are blue in the face, until they can't even stand to look at them anymore. No sweat off my back, right? :)

No comments: