Saturday, February 14, 2009

Some Things I Miss

that I took for granted prior to having my kids, prior to having someone attached to me at what seems like all times....



I miss being able to clean my house AND have it stay cleaned for more than 1 hour. I tend to clean with at least one child following behind me messing whatever it was I spent the last half hour cleaning up.

I miss being able to take a shower for as long as I want without any kids in the bathroom or in the shower with me..... Ususally the kids are running around like wild people from one end of the bathroom to the other, or wrestling eachother which ALWAYS leads to someone crying and throwing a tantrum. Sometimes I am lucky enough to get Ava and Lucas settled on the couch in front of the T.V. in hopes of whisking myself away upstairs and getting a nice quiet, relaxing shower. HAH, right, Anthony can literally smell me leaving a room and is always two feet behind me. He tends to hang out on the floor right in front of the shower door waiting for me to finish. I guess this is better than just a few months back, where he insisted on getting into the shower with me and sitting right at my feet.

I miss being able to go to the bathroom all by myself. Especially when I am having - ahem- stomach issues. Yesterday I was feeling a bit "under the weather" if you know what I mean. Which meant I was taking a lot of trips to the bathroom that were rather unpleasant in nature. These types of things are best done in private, or at least you hope they can be done in private. Not for me - Anthony, Ava and Lucas all had to peek their heads in to ask me what I was doing (what do they think I was doing??) Other times (like I said, I was in the bathroom a lot yesterday) they had to go so far as to come into the bathroom with me, close the door behind them and hang out until I was finished. Privacy in this area is nonexsistent in our house, and it frankly stinks - no pun intended. I am funny, aren't I?

I miss being able to sleep through the night without being woken up to a child yelling such things as :

" I want some juicy!!" (Lucas)

"I can't sleep anymore, I want to go downstairs!" (Ava)

"I want to watch a toony (cartoon)!" or his latest obsession "I want to play Sta Waws (Star Wars)!" (Anthony)

"WAAAAA - WAAAAAAA" translates into "I am hungry Mom!! (Olivia)


Adding to this point, I SO miss being able to sleep in. I am not talking until 10am here, just until 7:30am would be nice - actually it would be Heaven sent.

I guess I am able to find some joy in the fact that 15 years from now I will be able to do all these things with ease, and in peace again. Although I am wondering if when I finally get to this point in time, I will be wishing for a bit of that chaos back. Funny that I would even think this... but the chaos that admittedly drives me to my breaking point on most days, seems to keep things interesting around here.

No comments: