Sunday, February 15, 2009

Inquisitive Minds Want to Know


I was giving the kids their baths today when Lucas asked me a question. You know, one of those questions that catches you off guard and makes you turn away in laughter?

Here is how it all went down...

Lucas and Anthony were playing around in the bath with their Star Wars guys. Ava had long since been out of the bath - she is quite an efficient little bather. She gets in, washes hair, and body in its entirety, and gets out. Just how I like it - - unfortunately, the boys like to take their sweet time.

So, like I was saying Lucas and Anthony were playing Star Wars guys and probably would have kept on playing for hours if I had not interrupted them and told them to start washing up. They begrudgingly obliged, grabbed the Burt Bee's shampoo/body wash (LOVE this stuff) and started a washin'. I reminded them as usual in my lovely sing song voice with dance included "Don't forget your pitty wits (arm pits), chest, leggies, booties, and privates." Very silly - I would certainly never sing this song or dance this dance for anyone other than my kids... but it gets them laughing, and more importantly, gets them to wash all that needs to be washed. Anywhoo, I was in the middle of singing this song o' mine when I looked over and saw Lucas scrubbing up with a very quizzical look on his face. I stopped singing, and started doing some asking:
Mom: "What's wrong Lucas?"

Lucas: "Hey Mom, do I have brains in my penis?"

This is where I did my ever so sly turn of the head and started quietly giggling to myself. What the heck kind of question was that?? I gained my compsure and turned back to him.

Mom: "No honey, you don't."

Lucas: "Oh." He sat down in the tub to wash all the soap off. A few minutes passed. "Hey mom?"

Mom: "Yes, Lucas, what is it?"

Lucas: "I know what is in there. It must be balls. Yep, that is what it is, I just forgot. There are balls in there."

This time, I had to leave the room for a moment I was laughing so hard.

Lucas: "Hey Mom, what is wrong?"

Mom: "Nothing honey, time to get out of the tub."

Kids. Where do they come up with this stuff???

1 comment:

KB said...

You gotta love what the kids say! (and it is only the beginning) Thanks for the laugh!