Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Paying Homage to Pink



As I am sure you have figured out from the above video, I am not talking about the color pink, but rather Pink the artist/singer. Some of you readers out there (you know who you are) may have needed this clarification. :)

Anyway, I am really loving Pink's music these days - the song 'So What' is especially fabulous. The video is even better, take a moment to watch.....

So, what did you think?

I love it. It is such a girl powerish/man haterish song, and the video really captures this. What girl (who is incredibly pissed off at her significant other) would not like to ride down the middle of a busy street on a lawn mower, drinking alchohol out of a coffee mug? Or take a chain saw in hand and cut down the very tree that you and your love carved your names into? Or even better, throw eggs at a car that is occupied by two love birds that were just married, and top it off by jumping on top of said car and bang your fists into it out of pure frustration of this new found love. Alright - these acts of rebellion and anger are a bit far fetched, and I certainly would never think to do any of them. Well, maybe I would. I think if Brian ever made me angry enough, and I had to choose to do just one of these things, it would be taking the lawn mower down the middle of a busy street drinking booze out of a coffee mug. That seems to be my style, the way I like to roll.

So as you can see, I like this song 'So What"', and all her other songs for that matter - even though it seems to be geared more to the 20 something crowd of music listeners. Let's just say I am not in this particular age bracket but I still love it, love it, love it. Maybe because it helps me get out my aggression when I am feeling frustrated or angry with Brian, I don't know. In any case, I will say again, I love it.

How much you ask?

So much so that when this song comes on the radio I turn it up REALLY loud, dance and sing along to it all while driving. I am definitely embarrasing the heck out of myself while doing so as I am sure fellow drivers have caught a glimpse of me "rocking out" and have found themselves laughing out loud. But I don't care.... If I am at home and it happens to come on the radio, I find myself dancing around the kitchen/family room. Both in the car and at home, my performances are found to be much to my children's delight... They seem to get such a kick out of me dancing and singing - which I am sure is because I am so very talentless in both of these categories.

Whatever the case may be, I just can't stop myself from dancing and singing along - the music is just too good to sit there and do nothing.

Way too good.

So to all of you strangers who may catch a glimpse of me as I dance/sing while driving and laugh at my expense, to my lovely husband (who calls me dorky), and to my kids who find me especially silly dancing my pants off at home.... I have to say.

"So What?"

No comments: