Sunday, February 1, 2009

We Have Gone To The Dark Side

For those of you not well versed in the saying's from this ever popular movie series, the Dark Side I am speaking of would be Star Wars.


The kids, mostly Lucas and Anthony LOVE Star Wars, the movies, video games, toys, ANYTHING Star Wars is God like in their eyes. Really, they are quite obsessed. Anthony loves playing dress up lately. Here he is as Darth Vader. He tends to put on the mask, and walk around stiff legged growling "I am Darth Vada - I am Darth Vada!! I AM DARTH VADA!!" He progresively gets louder and louder, assuming that this will scare myself and his siblings more.

Other days he takes on the more timid role of Yoda. He enjoys putting on this hat and skipping around the house happily saying "Oda, Oda, Oda!"

Lucas most enjoys telling me all about the different characters, what their names are, what they do, etc. We actually just had a very enlightening conversation about all this Star Wars stuff the other day.
Lucas: "Mom, I like CPPO (C-3PO), R2B2 (R2D2), and Chewbacca - sometimes they call him Chewy, the best."
Mom: "Is Chewbacca the one that is covered in all that hair?"
Lucas: "Actually Mom, that is not hair, that is fur. He is just really furry."
When Lucas is home from preschool he and Anthony love to play with their Mighty Mugg Star Wars guys, of which we have too many of. This is the result of good old Mom being overindulgent at Target pretty much every time we go. I admit, I have a weakness for giving in to the kids when they want things...

They enjoy playing fight scenes with these assorted Star Wars characters.

They also love playing Star Wars video games, and watching Star Wars Clone Wars shows on the Cartoon channel at night. They beg for a new Star Wars toy everyday, Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars - I never hear the end of it. Really, I believe it is turning into an obession of grand proportions.

At least I can take some comfort in the fact that the oodles of Star Wars games, movies, toys, books, etc. were a good investment as they have been playing with them non-stop for a year now.

And they are still going strong.

I guess I don't see us coming back from the dark side anytime soon.

No comments: