Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Great Debate


Last night, Ava and Lucas were sitting on the couch having a conversation about kissing. More specifically, who kisses who. Here is how it went down:

Ava: "Hey Lucas, when you get older you are going to kiss girls."

Lucas: "No, Ava, I am not going to kiss girls."

Ava: "Yes you are Lucas, you can't kiss boys, you have to kiss girls."

Lucas: giggling "no Ava, I am not going to kiss girls... yuck!"

Ava: (laughing) "Yes you are Lucas, and when I get older I am going to kiss boys!"

Lucas: (not laughing so much anymore) "NO I AM NOT GOING TO KISS GIRLS!!!"

Ava: (not liking that lucas is yelling now) "YES YOU ARE, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!!"

Lucas says nothing, just sits on the couch crying uncontrollably at the thought of having to kiss a girl? Crazy. I am sure he will be changing his tune a few years from now, and will be quite looking forward to the prospect of kissing girls.

Ava: "Right mom? Lucas will kiss girls, and I will kiss boys. Just like how you and Daddy kiss eachother."

Good Lord.

Mom: "Yes honey, that's enough of this conversation."

Ava: "Don't worry mom... I am not going to kiss boys NOW. I won't do that for a long, long time, til I am a lot older. Right?"

I simply walked away, saying under my breath

"You bet your A** you won't be."

No comments: